Harbor Roots Farm
Restoring the land and its people
Join the Harbor Roots CSA to receive a weekly box of fresh vegetables and herbs grown by people getting off the streets and out of jail in Grays Harbor County, WA
Mid June to October | $30 / week | Pick-ups in Olympia and Aberdeen
How it works
You buy into a share either on your own, or with friends, family, or neighbors. One share will give you enough veggies for 2-3 people.
*Check out new payment options below!
Each week on a designated day, the Harbor Roots farmers will pack up boxes and take them to St. John’s Episcopal Church in Olympia and our Aberdeen location is to be determined
What’s in a box?
Each box contains enough veggies for 2-3 people.
Veggies & Herbs
Lettuce, carrots, potatoes, peas, radishes, brussel sprouts, swiss chard, squash, cucumbers, zucchinis, kale, tomatoes, broccoli, romanesco, spinach, cabbage, mint, cilantro oregano, rosemary, sage dill, peppermint, thyme, basil and parsley.
Some weeks we will have the extra option of ordering a pickle pack! The Harbor has a rich pickling tradition. Extend the life of your produce to enjoy it beyond the growing season. Pickle packs will include the basic ingredients you need to make various kinds of pickles from sauerkraut to beets with recipes and pickling equipment included.
SIGN UP For The CSA
Make a Payment
-Our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) share is a baseline of $550 for a full share or $275 for a half share that will provide approximately 5 months of produce delivered weekly to designated pick-up spots in Olympia and Aberdeen. That is approximately 20 boxes of produce for the season.
-We now have more options for our potential customers. In an effort to reach a wider demographic, we are now accepting payments on sliding scale on a weekly basis for customers that can show up in person to any of our drop-off locations. Our rates for a weeks worth of fresh vegetables are between $10 and $30. For more information about this, please contact us by email or by phone.
-If able, we invite you to buy into a higher level share for your family, buy a share for the community, or donate!
For every dollar you spend above the baseline share amount, you are supporting us to…
– Make more fresh vegetables available to low-income people in Grays Harbor
– Provide counselors and case managers for our community
– Build more institutions like this one on the Harbor that revive our economy and provide people good living wage jobs
– Organize for broader change in the county. We know that one farm won’t fix things around here, but it is the seed of change we need on our path to developing long-term solutions to poverty.
* We are working on the website so if you would like to buy only a half-share, you can send a check in the amount of $130 to Harbor Roots Farm to PO Box 1248, Westport WA. 98595
Our roots are deep, and we are ready to grow.